Lodge Cast Iron Skillet Pizza Recipe
Win a pizza their hearts with this effortlessly delicious pie made in a Lodge Cast Iron Skillet.
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 60 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 1 hr. 25 min.
10 oz. ball of pizza dough, risen at room temperature*
all-purpose flour for dusting
semolina flour or cornmeal for dusting
1/3 cup marinara sauce
2 medium tomatoes
1 ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
4 tsp chopped fresh basil
fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 500°F.
2. Place dough on a lightly floured surface.
3. Gently spread dough out with fingertips and sides of your hands, keeping as much air in the outer/crust edge as possible.
4. Stretch dough into a 10-inch circle. (Alternatively roll out with a rolling pin.)
5. Sprinkle semolina lightly in the bottom of a 12-inch Lodge Cast Iron Skillet.
6. Lay pizza dough out in the prepared skillet.
7. Spread marinara over the pizza dough, leaving a border for the crust.
8. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
9. Lay tomatoes slices on top of cheese layer, and then finish with grated Parmesan.
10. Place the skillet on in the hot oven and cook pizza for 10 minutes.
11. Rotate pan and continue cooking for another 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling and golden.
12. Slide pizza onto cutting board with a spatula.
13. Cut and serve.
*To let dough rise, portion 10 oz. ball of dough. Round with two hands by pressing into the work surface and spinning the dough in place. This will tighten the surface of the dough. Place on a surface dusted with flour and cover with plastic wrap that has been coated with cooking spray. Let rise 40 to 90 minutes before stretching out in step 2.