Broccoli Pesto Sausage Pasta Recipe
This flavorful pasta dish is fun and easy to make. Top your favorite pasta with this garlicky broccoli sausage pesto for a delicious dinner.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 35 min.
6 mild Italian sausage links
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 crown of broccoli
1 tbsp salt
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 lemon, juiced
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 cup corn
1 cup heavy cream
1 pack spiral pasta (like fusilli, gemelli or rotini)
1. Cut sausage links into chunks.
2. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a saute pan.
3. Heat oil over medium heat and add sausage links.
4. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
5. When sausages begin to brown, add sliced mushrooms and continue browning until sausages are fully cooked.
6. Add sausages and mushrooms to a small bowl and set aside. Discard excess oil.
7. In a food processor, broccoli, garlic, olive oil, salt, basil, and lemon juice. Blend until uniform.
8. Saute 1/2 cup of blended broccoli pesto and 1 cup of corn over medium heat until corn begins to brown.
9. Add heavy cream and reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
10. Add sausages and mushrooms back into the pan and remove from heat.
11. Boil pasta according to package instructions.
12. Add cooked pasta to the sauce and coat pasta in sauce.