Christmas Wreath Cookies Recipe
’Tis the season for baking! Kick off the holidays with these wreath-shaped sugar cookies. They’re easy to make (and fun to decorate)!
By Karlee Flores | @oliveandartisan
Prep Time: 1.5 hr.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Total Time: ~2 hr.
Servings: 20-24 cookies
1 cup butter
2 oz cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tbsp cream
green food coloring
French star piping tip, small
3-inch biscuit cutter
1-inch cookie cutter
For the cookies:
1. In a standing mixer, cream room temperature butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract together until creamed.
2. Add in the egg and egg yolk and mix just until combined. Sprinkle in the flour, baking powder and salt and turn mixer on low.
3. Combine batter until it comes together, cover in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F
5. On a clean, well-floured surface, roll out to 1/4" thick.
6. ut cookies out with a 3-inch biscuit cutter and then cut out the center with a 1-inch cookie cutter.
7. Bake in the oven for 9-12 minutes.
For the frosting:
1. Mix the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract on low until well combined.
2. Add in the cream until the batter turns smooth.
3. Separate into 4 small bowls and add in desired food coloring.
4. Decorate cookies as desired with piping tips and sprinkles.