Polenta & Harissa Poached Beans Recipe
Topped with a zingy za'atar herb salad, this tasty polenta entree manages to be both light and hearty.
By Kristin Guy | @dinexdesign
Prep Time: 24 hr. + 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 24 hr. + 30 min.
1 cup dried white beans (large Greek beans or chick peas are good choices)
Polenta, cooked to specifications
3 tbsp harissa paste
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 shallot, finely sliced
2 - 3 garlic cloves, minced
vegetable or chicken broth
herb and microgreens salad: dill, fennel, parsley, cilantro, mint, mixed greens
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup champagne or sherry vinaigrette
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 - 2 tsp of za'atar
1. Soak dried beans overnight per specifications.
2. Boil until al dente. (Feel free to play with aromatic seasonings such as olive oil, salt, bay leaves, whole peppercorns and dried herbs like thyme.)
3. Saute sliced shallot and minced garlic with olive oil until golden.
4. Add cooked beans and stir until warm.
5. Add harissa and tomato paste and mix well until beans are coated.
6. Add 1/4 cup broth, bring to a simmer and cook until sauce slightly reduces and beans are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
7. Spread polenta on a serving dish and top with bean mixture.
8. Toss microgreen and herb mixture with vinaigrette and add to top of dish right before serving.