Porcini Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This robust, earthy and creamy porcini risotto is perfect as a comforting main dish-or a versatile side. Plus, it's a breeze to make.
By Cosette Posko | @cosetteskitchen
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 40 min.
4 tbsp olive oil
2 cups World Market Porcini® Mushroom Risotto
5 cups More than Gourmet Chicken Stock
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
4 tbsp butter, divided
1 cup shiitake mushrooms
parmesan cheese for topping
1. Heat 4 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet.
2. Add 2 cups of risotto (shake contents of the jar) and toast for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in 1 cup of chicken stock or dry white wine and let evaporate.
4. Add 4 more cups of chicken stock and simmer until absorbed and rice is tender but firm.
5. Finish with 2 tbsp butter, fresh or frozen peas and parmesan.
6. Heat 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet, add shiitake mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
7. Top risotto with sautéed porcini mushrooms. Add salt and more parmesan to taste.