Mediterranean Chicken Skillet Recipe
The savory, light tastes of the Mediterranean make this healthy one-pan chicken dinner a winner!
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
Total Time: 1 hr.
1 tbsp World Market® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 small bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
World Market® Fine Mediterranean Sea Salt to taste
World Market® Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
1 tbsp, plus more World Market® Za'atar Seasoning Spice Bag
2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1 cup Latrovalis Green Olives, halved
1 Casablanca Market Moroccan Preserved Lemon, rind chopped
1 lemon, juiced
handful chopped flat leaf parsley, and/or mint
1. Heat oven to 350F. Heat olive oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and 1 tbsp za'atar on both sides.
3. Add chicken—skin side down—and cook undisturbed until crisped and fat begins to render, 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Flip chicken skin side up and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and put it on a plate.
5. Add onions and garlic to skillet. Season with salt and pepper and cook until onions are translucent and starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
6. Add olives, preserved lemon and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
7. Add back chicken thighs and any accumulated juices, skin side up.
8. Transfer skillet to oven and roast for about 30 minutes until chicken is nearly falling off the bone and reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
9. Just before serving, squeeze lemon over chicken, scatter with herbs and sprinkle with a little more za'atar.