Instant Pot Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
This Instant Pot dish features lightly breaded chicken breasts smothered in a creamy and savory mushroom sauce. A quick and easy meal option!
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
Total Time: 50 min.
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp Conte Belicino Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2.5 oz jar World Market® Bistro Dried Mushroom Blend
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp World Market® Organic Basil
1/4 tsp World Market® Organic Oregano
3/4 cup Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Put mushroom blend in a medium-sized bowl and add boiling water to reconstitute.
2. Mushroom blend should soak 15-20 min. before adding to Instant Pot.
3. Place 1/2 cup flour on a plate and add 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper; stir to combine.
4. Dredge each chicken breast in flour mixture.
5. Turn the Instant Pot on, then select sauté mode.
6. When the Instant Pot is hot, add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
7. Cook the chicken in a single layer for 3-4 min. per side, or until browned.
8. Remove the chicken from Instant Pot.
9. Drain water from mushrooms.
10. Add butter and mushrooms to the pot and cook for 3-4 min.
11. Add garlic, basil and oregano and cook for an additional 30 secs.
12. Add the chicken breasts back to the pot along with the chicken bone broth.
13. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing.
14. Select manual pressure High for 10 min.
15. When the cooking time has finished, carefully vent the pot to release the pressure.
16. Place the chicken on a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
17. Turn Instant Pot off, then back on selecting sauté mode.
18. Add the cream to the pot and bring to a simmer.
19. Cook for 4-5 mins. or until sauce has slightly thickened.
20. Pour the mushroom sauce over the chicken.
21. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.