Butternut Squash Bisque Recipe
This creamy fall soup gets an unexpected kick of texture and flavor with crispy garlic sage chickpeas. Pair with your fave chilly-weather meals.
By Megan Horowitch | @shortgirltallorder
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 45 min.
15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and dried
2 tsp dried sage
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp oil (avocado, vegetable or grapeseed oil work best)
32 oz jar World Market® Butternut Squash Bisque
Fresh sage leaves (optional, as edible garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Line an aluminum baking tray with parchment paper.
3. While the oven is preheating, strain and rinse the chickpeas. Then towel-dry them until no longer wet.
4. Add the dried chickpeas, dried sage, garlic powder, salt, pepper and oil to the tray covered in parchment paper. Then, use your hands or a spoon to mix everything together until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
5. Add the chickpeas to the oven and bake for 25-30 min. until crispy.
6. For the best results, remove the tray at the 15-min. mark and use a spatula to stir the chickpeas so they cook evenly. Then, add back to the oven for the remaining 10-15 min.
7. While the chickpeas are cooking, pour the Butternut Squash Bisque into a soup pot and cook over low heat until warmed throughout.
8. Pour the warm soup into two large soup bowls.
9. Top with the crispy chickpeas and optional fresh sage leaves.
10. Serve immediately with fresh garlic bread and enjoy!