Busiate alla Siciliana Recipe
This simple, authentically Sicilian recipe incorporates busiate pasta with anchovies and Agromonte brand cherry tomato pasta sauce.
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 30 min.
4-6 Scalia anchovy fillets in EVOO
1 jar Agromonte Marinara Pasta Sauce
1 lb. organic busiate pasta
fresh basil and parsley to taste
Conte Belicino Sicilian EVOO
Parmesan cheese, if desired
1. Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, chop 4-6 anchovies, creating a paste.
2. Heat 2 tbsp EVOO in a large frying pan over medium heat.
3. Add anchovies, stirring frequently until they melt in your pan.
4. Add jar of marinara sauce and fresh herbs to the pan.
5. Add a little water to sauce and reduce heat to a simmer for 10-15 min, stirring occasionally.
6. Add pasta and parmesan cheese to your sauce and toss to combine.
7. Garnish with fresh basil or an extra anchovy on top.