Strawberry Basil Punch Recipe
Whether you want a refreshing mocktail or a unique cocktail, this easy-make mixer makes it memorable.
By Kristin Guy | dinexdesign.com
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: n/a
Total Time: 5 min.
1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into slices
1 cup sugar
1 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
6 oz elderflower liqueur
2–3 oz. Strawberry Basil Punch Cocktail Mixer
1 1/2 oz. bourbon, gin, vodka or tequila
1. Place strawberries, sugar and vinegar into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar dissolves and then reduce heat to low, simmering for 15-20 minutes, until berries are fragrant and nearly falling apart.
2. Turn off heat, add basil and place lid on pan. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, making sure to taste as you go to adjust herb strength to your liking.
3. Strain any fruit solids and basil leaves from mixture and pour liquids into a sterilized container. Allow to cool to room temperature before stirring in elderflower liqueur.
4. Cocktail mix can be stored in a sealed container for up to three weeks in the refrigerator.
1. Mix Strawberry Basil Punch cocktail mixer and spirit together in a pitcher or glass.
2. Fill with ice and top with tonic water.
3. Garnish with a fresh basil leaf and edible blooms.