Spiked Mulled Cider Recipe
Toast the season with this spirited take on mulled apple cider. A kick of bourbon warms you up deliciously - and enhances the cider's fall flavors.
By Megan Horowitch | @shortgirltallorder
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 35 min.
1/2 gallon apple cider
1/4 cup World Market® Mulling Spices
4 orange slices (optional, cut into wedges)
3-4 slices apple slices (optional)
12 oz Bourbon
8 cinnamon sticks (optional, as garnish)
8 whole star anise (optional, as garnish)
1. Add the apple cider, mulling spices, 2 orange slices and 3-4 apple slices to a large soup pot.
2. Stir, and cook over low heat for 20-30 min. until the cider is infused with flavor.
3. Remove the pot of cider from the heat and pour 8 oz of strained mulled cider into a large mug.
4. Add 1/2 oz bourbon to each mug.
5. Before serving, garnish with optional orange slices, cinnamon sticks or star anise and stir. Enjoy!