Spiced Citrus Sparkler Recipe
Toast the holidays with this sophisticated cocktail of sparkling wine, gin, fragrant Amaro Nonino, blood orange juice and warm spices.
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 25 min.
1.5 oz. gin
1/2 oz. Amaro Nonino
1 oz. fresh blood orange juice
3/4 oz. spiced simple syrup
Splash of Freixenet Brut Sparkling Wine
Dehydrated blood orange & lemon wheels for garnish
Spiced Syrup Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 cinnamon sticks
2 whole star anise
Spiced Syrup Directions:
1. Add sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat, then add cinnamon sticks and star anise.
3. Allow to infuse for about 20 min. (steep longer for more spice).
4. Strain into an airtight container.
Dehydrated Citrus Directions:
1. Place thinly sliced citrus wheels on a cooling rack on top of a sheet pan.
2. Cook in oven at 160°F for 4-5 hrs., until completely dry and slightly pliable.
1. Add gin, Amaro Nonino, blood orange juice and spiced syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake well and double strain into your chosen glassware.
3. Top with Freixenet Brut Sparkling Wine (or any dry sparkling wine).
4. Garnish with dehydrated citrus wheels and cinnamon sticks.