Hibiscus Infused Mezcalita Recipe
This sweet and sour take on the classic margarita is a surefire bet for our favorite cocktail this summer.
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: n/a
Total Time: 5 min.
Hibiscus Simple Syrup Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
4 - 6 Republic of Tea Hibiscus Tea Bags
2 oz mezcal or tequila
1 oz hibiscus simple syrup
1.5 oz lime juice
lime wedge for garnish
Hibiscus Simple Syrup Directions:
1. On the stovetop, dissolve sugar in water.
2. Remove from heat and add tea bags.
3. Let steep for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove tea bags, pour simple syrup in airtight container and cool. Can keep refrigerated for 3 - 4 weeks.
1. Pour mezcal, hibiscus simple syrup and lime juice in cocktail shaker.
2. Add ice and shake.
3. Salt the rim of a glass if desired and pour over ice.
4. Garnish with lime wedge and enjoy!