Nutella Stuffed Cookies Recipe
This over-the-top holiday cookie will have both chocolate and caramel lovers rejoicing!
By Eden Passante | sugarandcharm.com
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 12 min.
Total Time: 1 hr. 40 min.
1 1/4 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
15 oz. jar Gaucho Ranch Dulce de Leche (caramel sauce)
13 oz. jar Nutella
10 oz. caramel chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a medium sized bowl, cream together butter and eggs until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat. Add sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together cocoa powder and flour. Add the salt and baking soda to the dry ingredients.
4. With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until well incorporated and scrape down the sides on the bowl.
5. Refrigerate the dough for an hour so it stiffens a bit making it easier to roll and add filling to the middle.
6. Using a 1” cookie scooper, scoop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a small spoon, press a hole in the center of the dough halfway down (not all the way through), fill with Gaucho Ranch Dulce de Leche caramel sauce and Nutella. About 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of each.
7. Scoop more dough and place on top of the cookie to cover the filling. Push sides down and roll into a ball. Doesn’t have to be perfect!
8. Bake 6 cookies on a baking sheet for 12 minutes at 350° F.
9. Melt the caramel chips in the microwave for about 60 seconds, then stir to melt all of the chips together.
10. Dip one side of each cookie into the melted caramel chip and add holiday sprinkles.