Blood Orange Ricotta Tart Recipe
Inspired by Sicilian cuisine, this ricotta tart is easy to make. With its buttery crust and custard filling, this tasty tart is sure to please.
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 1 hr.
Total Time: 1.5 hrs.
Servings: 8 tarts
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 stick butter, cold
6-8 tbsps ice-cold water
2 cups ricotta
1/2 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup blood orange preserves
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a food processor and pulse for 10 seconds.
2. Add vanilla extract and continue to pulse.
3. Begin adding butter, 1 tbsp at time.
4. Add water, 1 tbsp at a time; pulse until dough forms a ball.
5. Add flour onto a work surface and roll out dough into a large circle.
6. Add dough to a pie pan and gently press against the pie pan, cutting off any additional scraps.
7. Put the pie pan in the freezer.
8. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
9. Combine the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
10. Remove the pie pan from the freezer and pour the filling into it.
11. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.
12. Freeze for 3 hours or chill in the refrigerator overnight.