Chocolate Avocado Muffins Recipe
Bravocado! This clever recipe replaces oil with the healthy fats found in avocados to create a rich, dense, guilt-free muffin. Go ahead, have another.
By Shanna Schad | pineappleandcoconut.com
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 30 min.
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 medium-large avocado (1 cup)
1 1/2 cup 2 tbsp coconut milk
2 large eggs, room temp
1 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 tbsp mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
2. Cut avocado in half, remove pit, scoop out and mash in a mixing bowl. Add in eggs, coconut milk and vanilla, and mix well. Add in the chocolate chip muffin ingredients and mix until no more dry mix is seen, being careful not to over mix.
3. Divide mixture into the 12 cups of the prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the top of the muffin batter.
4. Bake 18-22 minutes or until the tops of the muffins bounce back when pressed lightly. Remove from oven.
5. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove muffins to cool completely.
6. Serve or keep in an airtight bag or container for a few days. Can also be frozen up to a month.