Choco-Almond Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
We've elevated this classic summer treat with crispy-chewy Lacey cookies, crushed almonds and a surprise kick of cardamom.
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: n/a
Total Time: 2 hr. 30 min.
2 tubs Desserts on Us Dark Chocolate Almond Mandarin Cardamom Laceys
1 tub Dark Chocolate Almonds with Turbinado Sugar & Sea Salt
6-8 cardamom pods
1.5 qt vanilla ice cream
1. Remove ice cream from freezer and let soften on the counter for a few minutes.
2. Remove cardamom from pods and place in mortar; grind with pestle.
3. Put ice cream in mixer bowl, add cardamom and mix gently.
4. Cover baking sheet with parchment, spread ice cream with spatula to about 1/2 in to 3/4 in thickness.
5. Freeze for 2 hrs. to harden.
6. While ice cream freezes, roughly chop dark chocolate almonds. You’ll need about a cup chopped.
7. Place chopped almonds in large ramekin or shallow bowl.
8. Remove ice cream from freezer, cut 8 circles with circle cutter and sandwich between 2 cookies.
9. Roll ice cream edges in chopped dark chocolate almonds.
10. Freeze until ready to serve. Enjoy!