Christmas Brunch Panettone Bread Pudding Recipe
Rich, brioche-like Balocco Panettone elevates this brunch finale into an unforgettable holiday treat.
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 35 min.
Cook Time: 1 hr. 30 min.
Total Time: 2 hrs.
1 tbsp. unsalted butter, for greasing the dish
2/3 cup dried cranberries
5 cups half-and-half
8 extra-large egg yolks
4 extra-large whole eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted, for serving
Highland Sugarworks Pure Vermont Maple Syrup in Bear Jar, for serving
confectioner's sugar, for garnish
whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9” x 13” baking dish with the butter.
2. Cut the pannetone into 1-inch cubes and place on a rimmed sheet pan in a single layer. Bake for about 10 minutes, until lightly toasted. Place the panettone cubes in the baking dish. Sprinkle dried cranberries over bread cubes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the half-and-half, egg yolks, whole eggs, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts. Pour the custard mixture over the panettone. Set aside for 10 minutes so the bread soaks up the custard (Can also prepare up until this step and refrigerate mixture overnight).
4. Cover the bread pudding with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, until the custard is set and the top of the pudding is light golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature topped with almonds, maple syrup, whipped cream and confectioner's sugar.