Ultimate Mashed Potatoes & Gravy Recipe
Mashed potatoes are a tradition at every Thanksgiving feast! We use Yukon Gold potatoes and sour cream to guarantee a creamy texture.
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 40 min.
3 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2" cubes
1 tbsp Kosher salt
4 cups whole milk, divided
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp Urban Accents Rustic Garden Seasoning
1/2 cup sour cream
World Market® Brand Turkey Gravy Base
For the mashed potatoes:
1. Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes in a colander and then return them to the pot. Keep warm.
2. While potatoes are cooking, heat 2 cups of milk and butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted.
3. Using a potato masher, break the potatoes up and add the hot milk/butter mixture to make the potatoes very creamy. Add the sour cream, 2 teaspoons Urban Accents Rustic Garden Herb Seasoning and stir to combine. Keep hot.
For the gravy:
1. In a saucepan, combine remaining 2 cups milk with the jar of World Market® Brand Turkey Gravy Base.
2. Whisk over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a simmer and starts to thicken. If desired, whisk in warm stock. Serve warm with mashed potatoes.