Roasted Eggplant Dip Recipe
Also known as baba ganoush, this addictive dip is a classic Mediterranean appetizer. Serve with warm pita bread, raw veggies or crackers.
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 1 hr.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 1 hr. 15 min.
3 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp Greek yogurt
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses (optional)
salt and pepper
lemon zest, chopped parsley, EVOO for garnish
1. Roast eggplants by placing them directly over the flame of a gas burner (or a grill), turning with tongs frequently as skin chars until completely soft, about 15 minutes.
2. When cool enough to handle, peel off charred skin and place eggplant flesh in a colander to drain, about 1 hour.
3. In a blender, add eggplant flesh, tahini, Greek yogurt, crushed garlic, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses (if using) and salt and pepper.
4. Pulse a few times until desired consistency. Note: If you prefer a textured dip, skip the blender and instead roughly chop eggplant flesh and combine with rest of ingredients in a medium bowl.
5. Garnish with lemon zest, chopped parsley and a little finishing olive oil.