Mushroom Polenta Bites Recipe
You won't be able to keep your hands off these savory cheesy mushroom polenta bites! Serve before a simple Italian pasta and salad dinner or as an impressive party appetizer.
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 45 min.
1 pre-cooked roll of polenta or 1.5 lbs of prepared polenta, sliced into 1/2 in. rounds
2 containers of World Market® Bistro Dried Mushroom Blend
1/4 cup grated Gruyère or fontina cheese
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp EVOO, more for brushing
1/8 cup butter
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1. Rehydrate the mushrooms by soaking them in a bowl of water for about 20 min. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F.
3. Cut roll of polenta into 1/2 in rounds.
4. Brush both sides of polenta rounds lightly with olive oil and bake until they start to brown, about 20 min.
5. Meanwhile, heat a medium pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1/8 cup of butter.
6. Sauté mushrooms until juices evaporate, 10-12 minutes.
7. Add minced garlic, salt and pepper, white wine, and chopped parsley.
8. Sauté until most of the white wine is evaporated.
9. Stir in 1/4 tsp Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest.
10. To assemble, top the polenta rounds with a small amount of the mushroom mixture and cheese.
11. Place back into the oven for about 5 min until cheese is melted.
12. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.