How to Throw a White Elephant Party
This fun holiday party can still be enjoyed with a few family members or with folks in your "bubble."
1. Set a gift price limit. Each person shares a wrapped gift (quickly or funny gifts are the most fun).
2. The giver's identity should stay a secret.
3. Number pieces of paper for each participant (got 6 guests? Use numbers 1-6). Toss the pieces of paper in a bowl or hat.
4. Ask each guest to pick a number. The person who picks "1" starts the game by choosing a wrapped gift and opening it - game on!
5. The person who picked "2" can then either "steal" the opened gift, or choose a new gift to open. If the first participant's gift is stolen, they get to choose another from the pile.
6. Keep it up! Continue playing in numerical order so each participant gets to open or steal a gift.
7. Remember: Wait at least 1 turn before stealing a gift that was stolen from you!
8. After the last gift is opened, the first player has the option to steal one last time.
May you keep the best White Elephant gift!
Shop White Elephant Gifts >