Springtime Veggie Pasta Primavera Recipe
Celebrate all things spring with this satisfying pasta dish that combines farm-fresh veggies and in-season herbs.
By Shanna Schad | pineappleandcoconut.com
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 25 min.
World Market® Brand Gigli Tri-Colored Pasta, 7.6 oz.
1 jar artichoke lemon pesto
2 tbsp heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb. skinny asparagus, thicker ends cut off, remaining cut into 2” pieces
1/2 lb. broccoli, cut into small florets
1/2 lb. sugar snap peas
2 bell peppers, orange or red, stem and seeds removed, cut into 1” pieces
2 yellow squash (or zucchini), cut into 1” pieces
1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
grated 3-cheese blend (for garnish)
1. Wash and prepare all the vegetables. Set aside.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 2/3 cup of salted pasta water. Drain pasta and pour into a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine reserved pasta water with artichoke pesto and two tablespoons of heavy cream. Heat over medium heat in a saucepan on the stove for 2 minutes or until steaming. Combine sauce with cooked pasta. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
4. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and sauté the asparagus, broccoli, snap peas, bell pepper and squash for 1-2 minutes. Combine with the pasta. Add in the grape tomatoes and fresh basil and stir.
5. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and more thinly sliced basil. Serve.