Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe
When it comes to zesty Cajun dishes, we do right bayou! Whip up this authentic Louisiana dish when you’re ready to spice up pasta night.
Holly Nillson | spendwithpennies.com
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 50 min.
8 oz. World Market® Penne Pasta
3 tablespoons World Market® 1-Liter Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
1 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
2 tablespoons World Market® Cajun Blackening Seasoning, divided
1/2 teaspoon World Market® Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon World Market® Organic Paprika
1 small onion, diced
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 cup Duke's Smoked Shorty Sausages, sliced
1 full can Mutti Finely Chopped Tomato Pulp
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Old South Hot Okra, sliced
1/3 cup Armanino 3 Cheese Blend Grated Cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
Parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Add pasta to a large pot of salted water. Cook according to package directions.
2. Toss shrimp with Cajun blackening seasoning, garlic powder and paprika.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat and cook shrimp 2-3 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and diced onion to the pan. Cook until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. Add bell peppers and sausages. Cook 3 minutes.
5. Stir in finely chopped tomato pulp, heavy cream, hot okra and remaining Cajun seasoning. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Stir in pasta, cheese blend and shrimp. Stir just until heated through.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve.