Lodge Cast Iron Skillet Steak Recipe
Want a grill-free way to serve up the steak and the sizzle? A Lodge Cast Iron Skillet can cook your favorite cut to perfection indoors.
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 40 min.
1 boneless 1 1/2" thick New York steak
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp butter
1. Place a 10” to 12” Lodge Cast Iron Skillet in the oven and heat oven to 500° F. Bring the steak to room temperature by removing from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
2. When oven reaches temperature, remove skillet and place on stove top on high heat for 5 minutes.
3. Pat steak dry and coat it lightly with oil. Season using the freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt.
4. Place the steak in the middle of the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes without moving the steak.
5. Using tongs, flip steak over and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Immediately place pan in hot oven and cook for another 3-4 minutes for medium rare, 5-6 for medium.
7. Remove pan from oven, place pat of butter on top and lightly tent steak in pan on top of stove.
8. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
9. Serve whole or slice thin.