Lemon Pasta with Asparagus & Prosciutto Recipe
A light creamy sauce highlighted with preserved lemon is topped with crispy prosciutto in this tasty springtime entrée.
By Shanna Schad | pineappleandcoconut.com
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 30-45 min.
Total Time: 1-1 1/2 hr.
package of tagliatelle pasta
2 tbsp butter, divided
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/2 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2 in. length pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup preserved lemons (2 wedges from jar), minced
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp dry white wine
2/3 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
9 oz. prosciutto
sun-dried tomato dipping oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Cut the prosciutto in half width-wise, then carefully peel away and place each thin piece on the baking sheets, 1/2-in. to 1 in. apart.
4. Bake for 15 min., rotating the baking sheets on the oven racks every 5 min for even baking. Or, bake one sheet at a time for 15 minutes each. Once you are done baking, carefully transfer the prosciutto to paper towels to cool. They will crisp up more once cooled.
5. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Save 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the pasta well.
6. In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of oil. Once foamy, add the asparagus and sauté 3-4 minutes. Remove asparagus from pan and heat remaining butter and olive oil.
7. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then add in the minced preserved lemon, lemon juice, reserved pasta water and white wine. Bring to a boil and let reduce slightly.
8. Slowly add in the cream while whisking continuously. Keep whisking until boiling then reduce heat until slightly thickened. Taste sauce and add a pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste.
9. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until pasta is covered. Add the asparagus and toss again.
10. Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm until ready to serve. Serve with crumbled crispy prosciutto, freshly shaved Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of sun-dried tomato dipping oil.