How to build a campfire
What you will need:
Bundle of wood
dry wood, wide as forearm
Handful of tinder
catches fire and burns fast
helps contain fire
area clear of vegetation
Teepee fire lay
1. Set up: Place tinder bundle in the middle of campfire site, and form a teepee around tinder with wood bundle pieces.
2. Supply airflow: Leave an opening in your teepee so the fire gets the air it needs, and will blow flames onto the kindling.
3. Ignite: The flame should rise to the kindle and spread throughout the wood bundle.
4. Maintain: Add wood to the structure as it starts to fall. Add tinder as needed to maintain fire.
5. Extinguish: Sprinkle water on the fire to put out embers and charcoal.
smokeybear com | artofmanliness.com | lovetheoutdoors.com | lifehacker.com | campfiredude.com | fs.usda.gov | wlkihow.com