Farro Salad with Roasted Veggies Recipe
This easy, authentic Italian salad features farro—aka wheat berries—and pairs perfectly with any entrée.
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 25-40 min.
Total Time: 45 min.-1 hr.
2 cups Bartolini Italian farro, cooked
10 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced into strips
4 green onions, sliced thin, whites and light green parts
3 bell peppers, any colors cut into thin strips
3 to 4 summer squash such as zucchini, pattypan or Romanesco zucchini cut into 2-3 in. chunks
15 to 20 cipollini onions or 2 yellow onions cut into bite-size chunks
extra virgin olive oil to coat
salt & pepper
For the Dressing:
1 garlic clove, minced
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Cook farro according to package directions.
2. While farro is cooking make the dressing: Combine all the dressing ingredients except parsley and set aside.
3. When the farro is tender—about 12-14 minutes, drain and let cool a bit. Toss farro and dressing together, set aside and let the flavors meld.
4. Put all the vegetables on rimmed roasting pans so they fit in a single layer, toss with olive oil and salt and pepper.
5. Roast at 375 degrees F until tender and beginning to brown, about 25 min.
6. Toss the vegetables with the dressed farro, add parsley and serve.