Brined Cast Iron Turkey Breast Recipe
Nothing could be finer than a turkey when it's brined! Follow these easy steps, for a tasty, juicy turkey breast every time.
By World Market Editorial | worldmarket.com
Prep Time: 25 hrs.
Cook Time: 1 hr. 20 min.
Total Time: 26 hrs. 20 min.
1/2 bag World Market® Brand Turkey Brine
1 7-9 lb. bone-in turkey breast
2 tbsp World Market® Brand Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large pot, bring 1/2 gallon of water to a boil.
2. Add 1/2 bag of brine, stirring to dissolve.
3. Cool completely, add an additional gallon of cold water and refrigerate until chilled.
4. In a large container or brining bag, add turkey and cold brine.
5. Refrigerate for 12-24 hours. Remove turkey, rinse and pat dry.
To roast turkey:
1.Preheat oven to 400°F. Dry turkey with paper towel and rub with olive oil. Season with black pepper.
2. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the turkey breast to the skillet, skin side down, cook for about 2 minutes. Flip and continue to cook for another few minutes.
4. Put skillet directly in the oven and roast for about 45-75 minutes (depending on the size) until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.