Breaking open this Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit was an exciting adventure that made me feel like a cocktail mad scientist. A simple preparation, some patience, and you have yourself a ready-to drink citrus and spice cocktail that could easily be enjoyed with just a single ice cube.
Playing on the the orange blossom flavor and rounder notes of the infused mixture, I wanted to see how else this clever concoction could be used in a whiskey cocktail. The outcome? A playful spin on a refreshing Moscow Mule with a nod to my home state of Michigan. By creating a tart cherry simple syrup and adding a ginger ale float, this frosty copper mug towering with crushed ice instantly became a surprisingly vibrant refreshment worthy of showing-off your old-fashioned brewing skills!
Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit Directions
BREW TIME: 14 Hours
- Purchase a bottle of whiskey and an air tight container such as a mason jar.
- Pour 2 ½ cups of spirit into a clean resealable jar.
- Add a vial of brewing spices to your whiskey and shake well.
- Allow the species to brew for at least 12 hours, occasionally shaking to keep mixing.
- Using the filter and funnel, strain the liquid into the provided glass container and enjoy.