I don’t know any mom who wouldn’t love to have a free evening to soak in a warm bath. Life gets busy caring for little (and big) kids, and the gift of a moment of luxurious peace and relaxation is a thoughtful way to thank mom for all she does. Bathing has never been better than with these incredibly beautiful and fragrant DIY Floral Bath Bombs. They come together really simply and easily, and add a handmade touch to a Mother’s Day Gift basket filled with love.
Each Floral Bath Bomb is made with relaxing minerals and floral essential oils for a sweet-smelling bath, and the special addition of dried flowers and flower petals that release into the water when the bomb fizzes makes the experience really cool.
I decided to run with the floral bathing theme for a full floral Bath Gift Basket for mom. Some of my favorite additions are these beautiful Alexandra Linen Flower Bath Towels, a couple beautiful bottles of Honeysuckle Hand Care, and a yummy Apricot Lily candle. Some of these fun Moroccan Rose Soap Petals tucked around the bath bombs and this delicious Rose Lemonade complete the experience.
The Floral Bath Bombs will release petals and blossoms when they’re included in the bath, and it is also fun to float some fresh flowers on the water for a dramatically beautiful and lavish experience. I love a warm bath to relax in every week or two, and these bombs take the experience to a new level of peace and mindfulness. Giving the moms and friends in your life a moment to intentionally care for themselves is one of the best gifts you can give.
The floral bath bombs are easy to make; they would be a fun project to do with school-aged kids or teenagers who are looking for a thoughtful gift for mom. And kids love them in their baths as well! They can be made with any type of essential oils, and with or without flowers. Some recipes call for food coloring as well, but I love them simply white with the bits of natural petals popping through. Feel free to make them your own, and enjoy the process of making and giving them away!
To make your own DIY Floral Bath Bombs, here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup epsom salts
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1 tsp water
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 10 to 20 drops essential oil
- 1/2 cup dried flower petals or buds
- bath bomb molds
- mixing bowls
- Add dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Mix water, oil and essential oil in a small bowl.
- Slowly pour water mixture over the dry ingredients and whisk until blended.
- Test the texture of the mix by grabbing a handful and squeezing. If the mix just holds together, it is the right texture.
- Add flower petals or buds. I kept these bombs to single flowers: rose with rose oil, lavender with lavender oil, etc.
- Thoroughly mix with your hands, until evenly mixed.
- Fill each side of the bath bomb mold with mixture, pressing firmly.
- Add a little extra mixture to the top of one mold, then press the two mold halves together tightly.
- Hold the molds firmly together for 10-20 seconds, then slowly pull off the top mold.
- Gently move the bath bomb into your palm, and remove the second mold.
- Place the floral bath bomb onto a piece of waxed paper to dry for 24 hours.
- Once dry, package with some favorite bath time accessories.
- To use, simply drop the bath bomb into a warm bath, and enjoy as it fizzes, releasing minerals, sweet floral fragrance, and petals into the water for a luxurious bathing experience.