With summer in full swing, we all have a great excuse to get together and celebrate. Whether for a backyard barbecue, sunny poolside soirée, bright baby shower or a family birthday party, these DIY palm leaf straws are simple to make (you’ll only need a pair of scissors) and add the perfect festive touch to any event.
I’ve been totally on board with the plant and greenery trend this year, so adding a little tropical flora to the party makes me so happy. I mean, aren’t they darling?
Not only do these cute paper additions bring style and festivity to the table, they can also be personalized. As guests arrive to the party, let them write their names on the leaf markers to keep drinks easily matched with their owners. Cute and useful is a perfect combination.
To make DIY palm leaf straws for your own summertime party, you will need:
- green construction paper
- a marker
- a single hole punch
- green straws
1. To draw the palm leaf, start by drawing a large teardrop shape.
2. Add small u-shaped notches on either side to give it that tropical look.
3. Cut along your drawn lines.
4. Create a gentle v-shape at the base of the leaf.
5. Punch a hole in the center on the end of the palm leaf.
6. Slide onto your straw and enjoy!
7. For personalization, set a stack of cut-out leaves and a pen near the drinks alongside a cup of straws so each guest can write his/her name before adding it to their drink.