Autumn is on its way, and that means more time indoors. Whether you’re looking forward to slow-cooked meals, lazy days of lounging or getting lost in a good book, our fall prep to-do list makes sure that you have everything on hand and organized for a fresh, fun and fabulous fall.
Fall Prep to Freshen Your Home
- Rid your fridge of old food, crusty condiment bottles, squishy old veggies and anything in the freezer that you’re not going to eat. Wipe down the shelves.
- Sort through your spices. Discard old ones and duplicates. Make a note of the fall-themed spices you don’t have like cloves or nutmeg and make sure you get those for on-the-fly Fall baking.
- Inventory your baking supplies and make sure you have enough oven-to-table bakers, spatulas and ramekins.
- Invest in a Dutch oven for slow cooking throughout Fall and Winter.
- Pack up the summery dishtowels and replace them with fresh new towels in Autumn motifs.
- Throw out shriveled old hand soaps and replace with our Heirloom Variety Orange Ginger Hand Soap in a charming mason jar.
- Time to trade the towels! Infuse your bathroom with fiery Fall flair with the hot colors in our Venice Printed Bath Towel.
- Get set for a serene soak with the right bubble bath.
- Indulge in aromatherapy with a sultry-scented diffuser.
LIVING ROOM & DINING ROOM
- Dust all storage furniture like bookshelves, buffets, sideboards, and cabinets. Make a note of books on the shelves that you haven’t read and decide whether you will commit to reading them this Fall or donate them to make room for books you’ll love.
- Swap out lightweight throws with warmer coverings in plum, gold and crimson hues.
- Amp up the ambiance with these amazing LED candles that turn themselves on at the same time everyday and then turn themselves off. Instant illumination!
- Store your radiant summer throw pillows, and bring out a new collection that features richer Fall shades and seasonal motifs.
- Get enlightened! Make sure your reading nook is properly lit with a lovely lamp. Also, do you already have a lounge-worthy chair?
- Sort your dishes. Are there chipped or broken plates and bowls you’re still using? Toss ’em!
- Consider a dish refresh. Mix and match a few styles for a fresh look and an easier way to make do when plates, bowls and cups get broken.
- Create a restful retreat by de-cluttering the dirty laundry, stacks of paper and other items that pile up in the bedroom.
- When was the last time you vacuumed under the bed? That’s where dust bunnies go to multiply.
- Clear out your dressers and closets of clothes that you no longer wear, and put your strictly summer wardrobe in storage.
- Consider investing in a new bed or bedding that inspires you to snuggle in all season long.
It’s easy to make your space a celebration of the season! Start with a good clean, and then evaluate to ensure you’ve got all of the tools you need to fall in love with Fall.
Make your fall prep easy and fun to do with our selection of cleaning supplies.