I firmly believe that an organized and a clean space equals an organized mind, so today I want to share some desk organization basics with all of you so that you can get the most out of your work, boost your productivity, and most importantly, keep you inspired.
- Keep your work area clean and tidy to maximize the amount of working space.
- Designate a specific place to everyday necessities and keep them handy, but not in the way. For example, use mugs for pens and highlighters, and bowls or small trays for paper clips.
- To keep your desk decluttered, or if your work area is small, consider storing items such as paper clips, note pads, tape, and notebooks in your desk drawer.
- Use boxes to store folders, and trays to either group desk accessories or hold loose papers.
- Use your wall space to maximize storage by hanging shelves or wall caddies.
- Keep cords out of the way.
- Stick to the proximity based on frequency of use rule. This means that those items that you use on a daily basis should be easier to reach than those that you don’t use that frequently.
- Clean as you go. The best way to keep things organized is to immediately put away what is no longer needed.
If you follow these basic organization tips I can guarantee that you’ll be more productive and more inclined to get work done!
Metal Yvette 3-Shelf Desk Organizer | “M” Monogram Glass Paperweight | Jumbo Paper Clips, 8-Pack | Blue Metal Jamison Storage Baskets | St. Laurent Mail Holder | Madras Magazine Holder | Kraft Sticky Notepad | Thumbs Up Sticky Note Pad | TMI Sticky Note Pad | Blah, Blah, Blah Sticky Notepad | Black Josephine Desk | Black Trilogy Shallow Bowls | Dotted Mugs | Pink Pacific Tumblers | Aqua Pacific Tumblers |