It’s not enough to have a scene-stealing buffet as the showpiece in your dining room. Without a few essential items, a buffet is nothing more than a gorgeous piece of furniture. Let’s make sure your buffet shows off its fabulous form while performing its function at all of your parties, big and small.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. CHALKBOARD: A chalkboard is an artistic, reusable way to let your guests know what’s the delectable du jour.
2. LINENS: A collection of cloth napkins, table runners and placemats in an array of colors and patterns is the easiest, most affordable way to create a tablescape that expresses your personality.
3. GLASSWARE: From hi-balls to high-end stemware, you’ve got to have great glasses to kick off cocktail hour the right way.
4. DINNERWARE: Serving a proper dinner requires more than a dinner plate. Make sure you’ve got salad plates, bowls and dessert plates for every course.
5. SERVEWARE: Wide platters, deep bowls and stylish tongs and spoons make for pretty presentations.
6. NAPKIN RINGS: The right ring can change the whole look of your tablescape. Keep a collection for every mood, from stylish, slick silver to ceramic, bronze and beyond.
7. FLATWARE: Each fork, spoon and knife has a purpose, and your dinner guests deserve fresh flatware for each course.
8. UNSCENTED CANDLES: Candles are a lovely way to light the night, but scented candles compete with the aromas of the food. Use unscented candles or LED candles instead.
9. PLACECARD HOLDERS: Give your guests a hand in finding their seat with ease with these handy placecard holders.
10. ICEBREAKER GAMES: They may not know each other at first, but a good icebreaker game ensures your guests all leave as best friends. Store your best games like liar’s dice, table topics or trivia in your buffet and not tucked away.
Did we miss anything? Sound off in the comments below!