This summer we’ve been having a lot of daytime, family gatherings and play dates at our house, and this little lemonade bar has been one of my go-to entertaining ideas. It is quick and easy to set up, looks bright and pretty, and everyone can customize their drink as they’d like, without you having to play “bartender” when it’s time for refills!
What you’ll need:
- Lemonade in a couple of flavors (I like to buy the plain Simply Lemonade and Simply Raspberry Lemonade)
- Freshly brewed iced tea
- A variety of fruit (strawberries, blueberries, lemons, limes)
- Mint leaves and sprigs of thyme
- Club soda
I’ve had this Rattan Tray since last summer and I use it all the time. It is perfect for this lemonade bar setting because it is large, easy to carry and so summery in style. I fill up each of my three glass bottles with a type of lemonade or iced tea.
I’m one of those weird people who doesn’t like different food to touch (anyone else relate to this one?), so I place my fruit in separate glass bowls for serving. Lemons and limes go together and berries go together. I also like to separate the mint and thyme from the fruit, because their flavors can be a little strong.
Club soda is a nice little addition to the tray to add a little bit of sparkle to top off your drink.
My favorite drink combinations:
- Lemonade with blueberries & thyme
- Raspberry lemonade with strawberries & mint
- Half iced tea / half lemonade with lemons & limes (or lemons and blueberries!)