How well do you know the nation’s favorite nosh? We found some tasty trivia that’s just doggone delish.
1. The average American eats 60 hot dogs per year! That’s more than one per week.
2. Takeru Kobayashi, professional competitive eater, ate 53 hot dogs in 12 minutes for the world record. Do not, under any circumstances, attempt this.
3. The most expensive hot dog is called the “Haute Dog.” It’s served at New York’s Serendipity 3, costs $69 and it features a pretzel bun, duck foie gras and truffle butter.
4. Hot dogs were originally called “hot dachshunds.”
5. More people prefer mustard on their dog than they do ketchup.
We never sausage great hot dog trivia! We’d relish your tidbits, too, so link us up with what you know about these delicious dogs.